Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
A leading manufacturing company which is a key employer in the area are looking to strengthen team with the recruitment of a NPD Technologist – based in South Wales
- Maintenance and control of new product development briefs via designated database
- Sourcing of ingredients required for new products
- Formulation of new products – recipe management of the new product.
- Product engineering – improving production efficiency/quality of new or existing products
- Evaluating production process for new product launches – factory trials of new products
- Projected costing of new products
- Supply of relevant information for compilation of internal and customer specifications
- Shelf life estimations for all new products
- Estimating the suitability of newly sourced raw materials for existing products – factory trials and comparison of specification
- Technical sales support – supporting members of the sales team with regard to technical issues concerning new products.
- Managing the development process from conception to launch via a critical path gated system
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercially focused with good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Proactive, drives and delivers results while working independently or as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of word MS office
- Evidence of working with ingredient and packaging suppliers to identify and complete improvements
- Food Science degree (or equivalent) desirable
If you're interested in this position, we suggest you apply immediately as the company will be shortlisting for interview quickly. If you'd like further information give us a call.
This position may also be of interest to a NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist
Commutable from Cardiff, Newport, Pontypridd, Bridgend Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Cwmbran, Swansea
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £200 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details www.burnsrecruitment.co.uk