Staffordshire, United Kingdom
A leading manufacturing company which is a key employer in the area are looking to strengthen team with the recruitment of a Product Design Engineer – based in Staffordshire
A highly successful manufacturing company who are continuing to see rapid growth are seeking an Estimator to assist in meeting the significant increase in new projects. The company operates in a fast paced environment serving the automotive sector, supplying to all the major OEM car manufacturers and their suppliers.
Main Duties & Tasks:
- Liaising with purchasing with a view to obtain competitive pricing
- Completing materials / component costing for sales enquiries using excel
- Analysing supplier quotes to work out most competitive pricing
- Producing detailed customer quotes
- Completing quotation analysis forms
- Liaising with the production department to obtain cost effective processes
- Calculating material yields
- Leading Feasibility Review meetings
Skills & Experience required:
- Proactive and confident in own ability.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving and the ability to build and develop effective relationships.
- Be capable of working in a fast paced, high pressured environment, and produce first rate attention to detail.
- Good administration skills and a driven individual, who is looking to make a difference.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and have the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Sound mathematical capability as the role will involve calculating quotes and profit margins.
- Maths & English GCSE or equivalent. Appropriate experience.
- Previous experience as a materials estimator or buyer advantageous.
If you're interested in this position, we suggest you apply immediately as the company will be shortlisting for interview quickly. If you'd like further information give us a call.
This position may also be of interest to a Estimator, Costing Engineer
Commutable from Birmingham, Staffordshire, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, West Bromich
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £200 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details www.burnsmanufacturingservices.co.uk